Chicago Emerging Baptists

This site is intended to allow a forum for those in the NextGen Network of the Chicago Metro Baptist Assocition to continue their dialogue online and produce a resource for those interested in emerging topics.Please join in the conversation.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

John Piper on Fundamentalism

Pastor John Piper recently gave a little "plug" for fundamentalist Christianity as having some bona fide distinctives. See his recent post here.

I couldn't help but give a little response to this gracious post:

"BJU & DBTS grad here living and ministering w/ gospel-centered "non"-fundamentalists in downtown Chicago...

Dr. Piper: You have no idea how far words like these go, my brother. Though I am somewhat a product of the (midwest US part) FBF, I by God's providence, my theological journey, etc., have become disassociated with them. I espouse principles of separatism (or preferred word) of antithesis consonant with Scripture, I thank God for my heritage and [I] love my fundamentalist brothers and sisters. Your kind, irenic spirit and words let the unity of gospel blaze to the glory of King Jesus. I love you, my brother and teacher! Furthermore, they not only lend credence to the fundamentalist "movement" but also bolster the church of Jesus Christ at large and the intense love that should exist among Jesus' disciples (John 13:34-35). Keep preaching and loving Jesus, Will"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home